Charles Schwab Corporation
Director Legal Counsel (Litigation & Regulatory Group) jobs are vacant in Westlake,TX. The Charles Schwab Corporation it's specialized into Legal industry. Currently the headquarters are in Texas.
Director Legal Counsel (Litigation & Regulatory Group) job positions are vacant on Charles Schwab Corporation company, located in Westlake with a rate of $48.00-195.80/hour.
More details about the job listing:
This position in the Litigation Regulatory Group is primarily responsible for the defense of litigation claims against the Company including lawsuits and arbitrations. This attorney handles a large docket of arbitration cases with minimal supervision and supports external and in house counsel in defending larger lawsuits and arbitrations. This attorney also may handle or assist in handling regulatory enforcement matters or investigations involving the Company. Responsibilities include conducting research factual investigation and discovery interviewing witnesses drafting pleadings and written submissions negotiating with opposing and appearing in FINRA arbitrations on behalf of the Company. The legal matters handled by this attorney often involve significant dollar amounts and issues of importance to the firm. This attorney also provides legal advice and counseling to operational risk and compliance groups in the Company.
What you are good at
* Represent the Company as lead trial counsel in FINRA arbitration proceedings. Strategically analyze develop and execute on a plan to defend legal claims against the Company. Conduct factual investigation encompassing relevant documents and information identify and prepare key witnesses and partners prepare cases and defend Company at arbitration hearings through any post trial proceedings. Evaluate cases for settlement and handle settlement negotiations including mediations.
* Assist and support external counsel and the Company s other counsel in defending larger lawsuits and arbitrations. Review legal briefs prepared by external counsel participate in strategic and tactical decisions in the litigation. Review invoices submitted for professional services rendered by external counsel and expert consultants and witnesses.
* Possess and apply to legal claims a broad knowledge and understanding of the Company and its various businesses the regulatory framework in which the Company operates and the broker dealer and financial services industry generally.
* Provide to internal partners timely practical and understandable advice regarding litigation arbitration risk and lessons learned in defending claims.
* Supervise external counsel and effectively handle case related expenses.
What you have
* The ability to work reciprocally in a team environment and develop positive working relationships with Company colleagues external counsel opposing counsel and other constituents
* Sound judgment that often must be exercised in sophisticated or unexpected circumstances
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Keen sensitivity to significant developments in claims against the Company that warrant advising supervisors and other partners