Flight Test Engineer Lead 5 jobs are vacant in Waco,TX. The L3Harris it's specialized into Engineering industry. Currently the headquarters are in Texas.
Flight Test Engineer Lead 5 job positions are vacant on L3Harris company, located in Waco with a rate of $48.20-110.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Job Title: Aeronautical Flight Test Engineer Lead 5
Job Code: ANP5
Location: Waco TX
L3Harris is actively seeking for an Airworthiness Flight Test Engineer Lead 5 experienced in the planning coordination oversight conduct and reporting of aircraft structural performance HQ and systems ground and flight tests for civil and try airworthiness certification. This position is located in Waco TX that comes with competitive benefits and a generous relocation package for those who qualify.
As a Flight Test Engineer you will plan execute and reporting for all Division test events including coordination with customer and range assets. This position supports the Advanced Systems Technologies AS T division which specializes in developing disruptive next generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems UAS UAV advanced radar systems next generation weapon systems and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
* Define test requirements develop test procedures and test plans execute and manage ground and flight test events range and airspace management data collection and analysis instrumentation of test assets and documentation presentation of test results.
* This includes the development of operationally representative mission scenarios to assist customers in requirements definition and verification parameters.
* Support numerous test events technology demonstrations and user training events to include flight test environmental qualification and stress screening and software in the loop testing.
* Interact with other systems engineers and collaborate with our mechanical electrical and aeronautical engineers in planning design and manufacture of systems to ensure successful software and hardware performance.
* Together with the rest of the design team develop interface definitions and enforce interface controls to meet system performance requirements.
* Coordinate directly with customer subcontractor and vendor personnel through written and oral communication.
* Support users in the field during all phases of operation.
* Tasks will typically include providing subject matter expertise updating software and hardware configurations troubleshooting diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and minor repairs.
* Manage on site installation repair maintenance and test tasks
* Document processes producing timely and detailed service reports and following all company s filed procedures and protocols
* Assist in the development of academics and training to users on all aspects of the fielded systems including system operation mission planning and execution and operating simulators.
* Create develop and update technical manuals.
* Manage Division Flight Safety and personnel proficiency requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* U.S. citizen existing DoD clearance with a current 5 year update must be able to obtain additional clearances as required.
* Candidates for consideration must have a BS degree and a minimum of 6 years experience in flight operations including test management and execution.
* The candidate must have demonstrated expertise in airspace range management FAA certification requirements and systems engineering disciplines associated with a flight test demonstration program to include requirements definition design reviews and documentation and systems integration.
* Familiar with analysis and testing for air vehicle performance handling qualities and structural loads.
* Knowledge experience with FAA Part 23 25 27 29 and 91 regulations.
* Knowledge experience with MIL HDBK 516 and JSSG series.
* Experience in operational unmanned systems and aviation safety is a significant plus.
* The candidate must have experience in managing ground and flight test teams in various range locations.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
* Must be able to travel 30 to support field testing
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Test Pilot School Graduate
* Government Developmental or Operational Test Experience
* Excellent people skills with experience leading and collaborating in a multi disciplinary diverse and dynamic team environment.
* Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
* Excellent communication skills written verbal presentation