Principal Software Engineer jobs are vacant in Dallas,TX. The Toyota Motor it's specialized into Information Technology industry. Currently the headquarters are in Texas.
Principal Software Engineer job positions are vacant on Toyota Motor company, located in Dallas with a rate of $19.00-114.00/hour.
More details about the job listing:
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world s most admired brands Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative high quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We re looking for diverse talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who We re Looking For
Toyota is looking for a smart passionate technology leader who has a keen sense of ownership and a strong engineering mindset.
As a Principal Engineer in the Cloud and DevOps Platforms team you will be responsible for defining building and prioritizing new applications services for Public and Hybrid Cloud platforms to enable real time personalized digital experiences for Toyota customers in Digital Retail Connected Autonomous and Mobility services.
The ideal candidate is a proficient software engineer with a broad understanding of cloud native application development and cloud platforms.
This position requires deep customer focused thinking working across a range of stakeholders and the ability to make faster decisions. We are looking for self motivated individuals who are highly detail oriented and take pride in their deliverables.
What You ll Be Doing
* Responsible for vision strategy the roadmap for Developer Experience Portal that 1600 Software Engineers would use in TMNA for their day to day activities and senior leadership in TMNA to monitor costs engineering productivity.
* Do and collaborate with other engineers on R D prototyping and assessments for determining current and future solutions and technologies for Edge to Cloud platform manufacturing system including all IoT support functions .
* Work with multiple key stakeholders to shape the architectural vision and detailed roadmap for the Distributed Cloud Platform.
* Lead Design and implement Kubernetes workload Infrastructure components and cloud native application blueprints to deploy code in low memory CPU GPU environments.
* Build and Design Hybrid Cloud patterns blueprints for seamless interaction with Public Cloud services.
* Engage in code and well architected reviews for maintaining coding and architecture standards.
* Works closely with the Private Public Cloud and DevOps product managers in designing methods for Cloud adoption using DevOps principles.
* Enhance Cloud Engineering capability within Toyota through coaching mentoring and leadership.
* Lead architecture meetings and technical discussions with the focus of reaching consensus and best practice solutions.
* Break down tasks for other engineers and offer guidance to other engineers on the team when they are blocked.
* Lead coach pair with software engineers of diverse backgrounds to write clean and iterative code based on TDD.
* Create engaging technical content including writing internal and external company blog posts white papers practical guides and platform demos.
* Stay current with industry trends and recommend relevant technologies and products in the areas of IoT Private Public and Hybrid Cloud.
* Be a leader evangelist within your team and the organization.
What You Bring
* A bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
* 14 years experience in application development and engineering demonstrable technical leadership experience in new platform development product ownership and iterative design.
* Demonstrated ability in building internet scale cloud native 12 factor full stack applications using container technologies i.e. Kubernetes AKS EKS OpenShift and modern languages such as Java Typescript Golang etc.
* Knowledge of Edge infrastructure and application design for IoT workloads.
* Expert level knowledge of Systems design high performance computing file block and storage technologies integration of computing storage and network technologies to deliver cohesive infrastructure solutions.
* Extensive experience leveraging AWS Azure GCP Platform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications.
* Hands on experience with event streaming with modern event streaming tooling Kafka Kinesis and understanding tradeoff for streaming vs. batch processing.
* Demonstrated experience in building cloud native infrastructure using evolutionary architecture practices.
* Understanding and working knowledge of DevOps principles and DevOps toolchains Jenkins shell scripting GNU Make Terraform Packer Ansible Docker .
* Expert at working with service based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols gRPC GraphQL etc. and messaging protocols e.g. MQTT .
* Passionate about writing clean maintainable code that will be used and modified by others and able to use and modify other developers work rather than recreate it.
* Motivated and Self Starting: able to think critically about problems decipher user preferences versus hard requirements and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills including visual presentation skills.
* Demonstrated experience in research data collection analysis and presentation.
Added Bonus If You Have
* GitHub presence with contribution and or collaboration with open source communities.
* Demonstrated experience in using OPC UA or any other machine to a machine communication protocol for Industrial Automation.
* Working knowledge of AWS and or Azure IoT stacks.
* Diverse knowledge of multiple programming languages frameworks and techniques.
* Experience working in large multi faceted and matrixed organizations.
* Experience in the automotive industry.
What We ll Bring
During your interview process our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork flexibility and respect.
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career as well as tuition reimbursement.
* Vehicle purchase lease programs.
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
* Flextime and virtual work options if applicable .
* Toyota 401 k Savings Plan featuring a company match as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
* Paid holidays and paid time off.
* Referral services related to prenatal services adoption childcare schools and more.
* Flexible spending accounts.
* Relocation assistance if applicable .
Belonging At Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10 different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members efforts to dream do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman owned suppliers for over 10 years we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race ethnicity national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression age disability religion military or veteran status or any other characteristics.
Have a question or need assistance with your application Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com.
To save time applying Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.