Supply Chain Planner jobs are vacant in Irving,TX. The Abbott it's specialized into Agriculture industry. Currently the headquarters are in Texas.
Supply Chain Planner job positions are vacant on Abbott company, located in Irving with a rate of $9.40-17.50/hour.
More details about the job listing:
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS: The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast accurate diagnosis. Abbotts life changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations with medical diagnostic instruments tests automation and informatics solutions for hospitals reference labs blood centers emergency departments physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving TX currently has an opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner .
WHAT YOULL DO
Job Summary The Site Supply Chain Planner is responsible for ensuring production needs at optimal efficiency are being met. This individual must be an expert in supply chain and production operations. They will deploy inventory strategies be responsible for product change and associated material planning implications manage and solve exceptions and drive supplier execution. They should be able to leverage data analytics and supply chain expertise to manage system parameters and meet target inventory and service level goals while minimizing costs and obsolescence.
* Create and deploy supply requirements via MRP which achieves production inventory and cost objectives. Ensure demand from all sources production field service engineering etc. is supported appropriately.
* Manage planning system parameters and master data to optimally reflect supply chain capabilities and plan supply.
* Coordinate supplier ramp up and down for new product launches ensuring suppliers deliver shipments needed to support production targets.
* Provide data driven decision support to the broader organization through what if and scenario planning as examples .
* Manage engineering changes to minimize obsolete inventory and ensure continuous supply.
* Partner with IT and other business stakeholders on planning process and system improvements.
* Schedule Manufacturing Operation to ensure availability of parts. Forecast requirements and schedule production to meet these requirements. Maintain raw material and work in process inventories in accordance with pre determined inventory levels and targets.
* Respond to unplanned demand or quality problems. Changes production schedules to meet changing priorities.
* Perform system maintenance and updates to insure database integrity for planning fields and files. Utilize personal computer tools to perform analysis and provide recommendations to management.
* Develop procurement strategies for internal and external supplies compatible with economic supply and quality goals
* Provides technical support in areas covered by assigned function. Recommends alternate action to be taken if the master production schedule is missed. Manage material flow from external and internal suppliers through manufacturing channels to achieve maximum production efficiency minimizing waste and impacts to customers.
* Creates complex simulation models integrates manufacturing needs from multiple areas creates production schedules and inventory management plans. Provides direction to internal and external personnel regarding planning and commitment to schedules system applications and performance reporting.
* Leads problem solving goal setting and continuous improvement projects. Act as liaison between other departments to minimize impact on schedules of changes in product structures or internal quality issues.
* Utilizes specialized knowledge in areas such as manufacturing resource planning capacity planning master scheduling customer service and inventory management. Assist in training others in problem solving and materials management techniques
* Makes plans to accomplish assigned activities and projects establishes priorities so as to handle competing demands optimizes use of available resources estimates time and resources necessary to complete tasks or projects.
* Manages Projects: Identifies project resource requirements establishes milestones and success factors monitors progress and adjusts plans to ensure that deadlines are met and results achieved.
* Interprets Results Recommends Options: Uses personal computers and mainframe applications to break down and interpret large amounts of data draws conclusions and recommends options to achieve objectives identifies problems or issues and recommends actions to address them.
* Utilizes Financial Information: Makes day to day decisions which demonstrate a basic understanding of the financial business drivers e.g. ROI factory costs and their inter relationships.
* Adapts Information to Customer Needs: Adjusts communication style and medium oral written electronic or formal presentation to meet the needs of the receiver peers customers vendors managers delivers only important information uses appropriate level of language and detail for the receiver.
* Provides Information: Shares information with appropriate frequency and timeliness so as to benefit the receiver distributes background information prior to meetings allows for adequate response time when making requests keeps parties potentially affected by decisions apprised of events.
* Participates as a Team Member or Leader : Contributes to the definition of the team s mission objectives and strategies accepts team decisions and works toward their implementation establishes and supports the norms and conditions for a work environment that supports team productivity draws on the strengths of each team member seeks input of team members works cross functionally to resolve issues.
Accountable for the accuracy and the impact of planning decisions. Can commit inventory dollars for items under their control MRR Level One sign off authority level Two in the absence of manager manufacturing documentation sign off authority i.e. change requests PBOM s and material specifications. Operates with minimal supervision reviews are held with manager to monitor progress against plans and for discussion relative to policies procedures goals and objectives. Production schedule changes rarely reviewed by management . Those that are take the form of a discussion to determine what is best suited for the situation at hand. Approval of release of material to the production facility is not required control WlP FG inventory to targeted levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOULL BRING Required
* Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
* Bachelors Degree: BA BBA or BS required with 3 5 years experience directly relevant to the area. Experience includes ADD Abbott Diagnostics Division manufacturing environment experience with financial modeling and analysis knowledge of materials and inventory computer systems thorough understanding of Abbott planning inventory management systems and policies demonstrated project leadership.
* 6 years of related work exprience. Experience can be from Materials Management Manufacturing Planning or combined experience. APICS certification or Advanced degree preferred
* Data Analytics Systems experience
* Some level of supervisory experience
* Project Management skills
WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
* Training and career development with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
* Financial security through competitive compensation incentives and retirement plans
* Health care and well being programs including medical dental vision wellness and occupational health programs
* Paid time off
* 401 k retirement savings with a generous company match
* Pension Plan
* The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employee diversity.
United States Irving : LC 02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day Keyboard use greater or equal to 50 of the workday
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities Women Individuals with Disabilities Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link English: http: webstorage.abbott.com common External EEO English.pdf
EEO is the Law link Espanol: http: webstorage.abbott.com common External EEO Spanish.pdf About Us Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years Abbott has been helping people reach their potential because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse global network serving customers in more than 160 countries we create new solutions across the spectrum of health around the world for all stages of life. Whether it s next generation diagnostics life changing devices science based nutrition or novel reformulations we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook LinkedIn YouTube Twitter